War Diaries Talk

List of ranks

• Arthur494 by Arthur494

Having labelled over 2000 people, I have yet to meet a shoeing smith (yes, I started with a cavalry regt.). 90% of the people mentioned are either 2nd lieuts, lieutenants, captains, or majors. Maybe there are others to add to the list. Would it be possible to have the commoner ranks on the first page please? Also officers in command of companies or sections are often mentioned three or four times on one page (where there are several days). It would help if I did not have to reenter the whole rank and name each time, if the program remembered the last entry as it does for other categories.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

2,000 people! Very impressive - thanks for all the work you're putting in.

These are great suggestions for improvement. I know exactly how time-saving something like this would be. I will add it to our development 'wish-list'. At the moment, we're limited in what we can do, as we need to get hold of some more money from somewhere to pay for any development work. However, as soon as we're in a position to make improvements like this, we will.

Posted

• Arthur494 by Arthur494

Actually I found a workaround for my first problem. Press 'C' for Captain, 'M' for Major, 'LLLL' for Lieutenant and 'SSS' for Second Lieutenant. 😃

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Oh, excellent! Thanks for sharing that.

Posted