War Diaries Talk

4 DIVISION: 1/5 Battalion City of London Regiment (London Rifle Brigade) (31 Oct 1914 - 30 Jan 1916)

• THOMAS9993 by THOMAS9993

Page to do has lists of names of Casualties. Do I list all names? Do I just do a count?

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I think I'm on the same page. May 1915? I've come across listings like this before and I have gone ahead and tagged every name because it puts that soldier's name into this system. That's useful information for anyone such as family historians who may be researching an individual soldier. I don't know if this is an official policy, but it is what I have done.

It looks like an overwhelming job at first, but I find I get into a rhythm and it flows pretty smoothly and quickly.

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

Tag every name please. I had the same with a number of pages for 1 Glosters in 1914 and it is a lot of work. All made worthwhile when I found myself tagging the names of men who I had been researching on our village war memorial...

The system does rely on more than one person doing this and getting the same result before it will mark the page complete.

Posted