War Diaries Talk

How do I classify this?

• alfredadams by alfredadams

I have done a few pages as Diaries but I don't think I am right, Neither does it seem to be a report page. Can someone please advise what page heading I should be using. Thanks

Posted

Sorry, I thought my previous comment would display the page in question. It is 4 Field Ambulance, a grid of Capacity, sick/wounded, mobility etc. Signed and dated by OC.

Posted

• Poodle by Poodle

I'd classify the page as a report.

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator in response to Poodle's comment.

Sounds good to me

Posted

• Mary_mn by Mary_mn

So glad that No 4 Field Ambulance is being tagged by someone else as there didn't seem to be anyone else but me. It's a brilliant diary that gets deeper into PA Lloyd Jones feelings as it progresses. It remains matter of fact but you can sense his thoughts and feelings. Maybe because I am a nurse I am so engaged by it. Doing some research I was saddened to learn that PALJ didn't survive & is buried in France. Also have learnt what a Thresh's disinfector is - a sort of precursor to a steam autoclave used today to sterilise surgical equipment!

Posted

Thanks for the help and the encouragement from Mary mn. I am relieved to hear this diary gets better, feeling a bit despondent with the repetitive grid pages. I too am a nurse, so I am keen to be involved with the medical side of things. Alfred Adams was actually my grandfather kia with 243 MGC in 1917.

Posted