War Diaries Talk

Message for Moderator:

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

I noticed there was a Query comment by msbrussels on a diary page for 49 Infantry Brigade, Brigade Machine.

Comment: “(#trainingprogramme. This is full one-week hour-by-hour training programme for MG coy. Should I tag it? How? It is also v. #faint)”

I left a message in the comment box to say, (Under Unit Activity there is a reference for a Training tag) but I see the page in question does not appear. It only states Ref to Image AWD0003k7w

Believe It was posted Tuesday 12th December.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I've come across several training programs like that, laid out in a grid program. I usually tag them as Orders with the type being Training.

It does depend on how they are presented in the diary, though. If it's placed within the diary for the month, you might tag them using the Training option under the Unit Activities tag. If it stands alone at the end of the month, or is referenced in the diary as an appendix, then I think Orders is best.

It may be stretching the concept of orders a bit, but it seems to fit there better than anywhere else.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

I agree with Cynthia - for that type of page, orders fits best.

Posted

• msbrussels by msbrussels

Thanks. At the time, I did nothing with the page because I did not know what to do with it. As the one I was looking at was a grid programme, I'll tag any subsequent page I come across like that as Orders.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist in response to msbrussels's comment.

Great. Just let us know if anything else is unclear.

Posted