War Diaries Talk

Query with Army Service Numbers

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

http://armyservicenumbers.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/army-number-prefixes.html

I have just tagged quite a lot of casualty pages for the diary of 2nd Btn Gordon Highlanders. Some of the writing is not so good and I assumed that the first number of a man was a 7, which was written quite elaborately. Have had second thoughts about this 7, I now think it may have been written as: s/ then the number. Googled Army Service numbers and came up with the link above. A page in question of the diary. I now think it is prefixed with an s/ - so I think I have made a mistake when tagging the number.

1 of the pages in question: http://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/subjects/AWD0001n9t

Posted

Further to query on Army Numbers. I have gone back through my profile and comments pages and have now edited the comment made with the following: ( Note maybe some of the numbers may be prefixed s/ and not a 7 as entered).

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Thanks, Marie. That's useful to know. We'll be able to correct any issues like this later on when we process the pages.

Posted

• calvados by calvados

Reading this post on army numbers - how do you edit comments in your profile please? I would like to be able to go back and correct errors.

Posted

This is how I went back to edit comments made previously.

(1) Go to your Profile page - brings up your recent pages. Should show the last 10 pages normally. Select the page you want .
    Go to the comment box part- put the cursor to the RIGHT HAND SIDE OF YOUR NAME and it will bring up Edit/Remove. Press Edit - you can then put in what you need to say or change. - (will only allow so many words) - when finished press update.

Or (2) Go to - Currently On Line page. Go into your name. This will bring up ALL the pages you have commented on. Find the page you want. When the page comes up go to comment box part and use the same procedure as above.

I had a query a while ago and RAL the Moderator explained this to me. I found it very helpful. I hope you can understand the explanation I have given.

Posted

• calvados by calvados in response to marie.eklid@virginmedia.com's comment.

Many thanks, that's very useful to know.

Posted

My message on how to Edit Comments Box.

Ral or any other Moderator - Would you like me to post in The Mess Hall - under Useful Tips - my message regarding How to Edit/ Change comments? In reply to a query from calvados.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Thanks, Marie. That would be very useful!

Posted