War Diaries Talk

Blog Post & Tips: How to Collect Similar Images with Tag Groups

• DZM by DZM admin

Hi zooites!

I've come to realize lately that one of the more useful features of the current generation of Talk is not very well-advertised or widely used. Certainly nobody's fault here... I myself didn't fully understand it until just the other day!

With "tag group" collections, also called "live" collections or "keyword" collections, you can create a collection that is automatically populated with all of the images containing a certain hashtag. This is a great way to locate tagged images without having to rely on the (currently rather buggy) search system.

In case there's anyone else out there who was unaware of this feature, or who has never tried using it, I've put together this blog post explaining what tag groups are and how to use them. I hope you find it helpful!

Let me know if anyone has any more questions on this topic! 😃

DZM

Posted

• wildcatjenny by wildcatjenny moderator in response to DZM's comment.

Thanks DZM!

I have struggled with both the search and the tag groups. Kinda gave up. But will take a look at your blog post and then take another swing at it!

wildcatjenny

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Thanks, Darren. That's good to know. Will search be addressed in subsequent Talk developments?

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to ral104's comment.

Heavens, yes. The next generation of Talk should have full-text search. 😃

We will not launch without a completely functional Search (which is why we're definitely not rushing the development process!)

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Excellent!

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I think I understand now, but I do have a question. If I set up a collection for, say, #minenwerfer would it contain ANY page that includes that hashtag or only MY pages that include that hashtag? In other words, does it collect pages with that hashtag from the entire project or only those that I actually worked myself?

Thanks!

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

It collects any page that includes the hashtag 😃 I set up some for medals and awards months ago and they are happily collecting all mentions of the words I wanted.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Good to hear that it's working for you, @HeatherC !! 😃

Posted