War Diaries Talk

Easy way to get to discussion page/collection button?

• SarahtheEntwife by SarahtheEntwife

I'm collecting a long series of pages describing the unit's participation in a large attack, and I wish there was a way to add it to the collection and/or go to the talk page for each day directly from the tagging page. I can go back and look in my recent pages, but unless I've left a comment it's hard to remember which ones I've collected already.

Is there some other way I'm just not seeing?

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

I'm not 100% sure I've understood your question correctly, but are you adding these pages to your favourites using the star next to the comments icon on the classify page? If you've done that, it's easy enough to rename your collection on your talk profile page.

Posted

Yes -- I was just wondering if there was a way to put them in the collection without having to go find them on my talk page, since I have a bunch of other stuff in my favorites pile as well.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Okay, I see. Well, in that case, I think the short answer is no 😃

However, I know Zooniverse are rehauling the Talk system, so I can feed this through to Darren and see if there's anything they can do to make it easier in its new guise.

Posted

Thanks!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hey everyone! I think that while this functionality could actually probably be supported on this version of Talk, it would have to be built into the structure of the Operation War Diary site/classification interface itself.

Unfortunately, we have very, very busy programmers who are working on moving forward and building new projects, so we probably don't have the resources to add these sorts of features to old projects incrementally, not until they come up for a redesign.

If the site does come up for redesign, however, this would certainly be considered as a feature!

Posted

I totally understand, thanks for keeping it in mind! 😃

Posted