War Diaries Talk

NOMINAL ROLL

• hambman by hambman

Should I treat this as a report & name all individuals or as a Diary & do the same?

Keith

Posted

• rsgrayson by rsgrayson scientist

Unless it's on a diary page, then I suspect report makes most sense. Glad you have found one as these things are gold dust!

Posted

• charcinders by charcinders

I found one and did it as diary pages, because it was full of info about men being wounded, KIA, etc. Hard work though!

You should definitely collect those pages. It may be useful later in the diary when you have a person named but no rank given, or you can't decipher a name.

Posted

• David_Underdown by David_Underdown moderator

probably also worth a hashtag eg #NominalRoll

Posted

• hambman by hambman

Thanks all for input. Will do as a Diary to record as much info. Keith

Posted

• eatyourgreens by eatyourgreens moderator, admin

I'd say tag it as a report, which should give you the option to tag people. If it's tagged as a diary page, that might throw off the data analysis. Or worse, the analysis scripts might ignore the page because it isn't a list of diary entries.

Posted

• Mel_Donnelly by Mel_Donnelly moderator

This is a really great find! Thanks for all your thoughts on this. Please classify Nominal Rolls as a Report. You can use the title of the Report box to record that this is a Nominal Roll and you will get the Person tag which means that all the details can be captured. Mel D

Posted

• eatyourgreens by eatyourgreens moderator, admin

I missed this, but it turns out the Field Guide mentions that nominal rolls are reports: http://www.operationwardiary.org/#/guide/report

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Please also use the #nominalroll hashtag with these. Thanks!

Posted