War Diaries Talk

other and construction

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be

So far I tagged every work they do on a day. The result is that I tag each day about 4 times "other" and about the same amount "construction". Everyday, almost the same work is reported. Has it any relevance to tag all those different activities or suffices 1 "Other" and 1 "construction"?

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I'm going to refer you to Rob for this question. He can give you the best answer because he knows how the data will be used. I'll let him know you've asked.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

Rob says that if the men are doing the same type of work all day, such as construction, one tag is enough, even if they are working on different projects. For instance if one section is building huts, another roofing stables, and a third repairing a road, it still falls under one construction tag.

However, if they start out doing construction work, then man the trenches for a couple of hours, and then go back to the construction work, a second tag is a needed when they go back to the construction work.

Does this help? Ask again if this is confusing.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Also, if you're using one tag for several activities (like one construction tag for four different instances of construction) then try and place that tag on the first instance. That way we should make sure that we get the required number of tags for consensus to be reached.

Posted