War Diaries Talk

Editing Finished Pages

• Carterwhyyte by Carterwhyyte

I accidently submitted a page I was not finished editing how can I edit it again?

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

If you pressed the finished button for the page you cannot get the page back. If you did not press the finished button the page will still be there for you to tag when you go back to your diary, i.e on the Diary selection page it should come up again for you to continue tagging, or you can go to the talk page and 'return to classifying'.

If you ever want to add a comment to the page you have finished go back to your profile and it will give the last pages you tagged. Then you can add a comment in the comment box of that page. The profile will only show the last 10 pages you have tagged.

PS The page that is showing against your comment is a Cover Page. For cover pages you just select on left hand side cover page, then the finished button. If there is a name on it, I generally put the name in the comment box of the page, this does not happen often.

By the way generally 5 people tag a diary, I also tagged this diary for the 155 Bde RFA so if something is missed it will probably be covered by the other people tagging the diary. 😃

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator in response to Carterwhyyte's comment.

Marie is correct that once you click Finish you can't work on the page again. If you feel there is something important that you did not tag, you can add a comment to it using your profile.

Marie is also correct that five people tag every page. This is to cover for people who mean to add a comment halfway through a page and click Finish instead, as I did over this past weekend. It also lets us off the hook if, for instance, you get the wrong year or month in the date. The final data is then compiled from the five tags and if one is different, such as 1916 when the other four are 1917, the outlier is disregarded.

And Marie is also correct that for a cover page such as this one, there isn't anything to tag.

Posted