War Diaries Talk

missing pages

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be

I missed 4 pages in this diary of the 12th Field Ambulance: 104, 148, 154 and 178.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say you missed these pages.

I tried to check them on this end, but the page numbers are different, as you can see on this page you posted here. I've looked at the section that I think ought to include page 104. The dates are all in July 1916 and run in order, and you tagged them all.

Do you have dates for these pages? It might be possible to find them in the data digger that way.

Posted

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be in response to cyngast's comment.

Cynthia I mentioned the page numbers that appear in the Tagging mode. The page numbers in the Talk mode are 418, 451, 457 and 481.
    P. 418: 4 - 5 - 6 August 1916
    P. 451: 22 - 23 Oktober 1916
    P 457: probably the cover page of November 1916
    P 481: is an order (should have been the 6th page after the actually diary pages ended)

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I looked at the four pages you listed; thank you for the other numbers. They are all listed as complete with five taggers having worked on them. That is why you missed them.

Posted

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be in response to cyngast's comment.

I wonder how many different people actually tag a diary. There must be more than 5.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator in response to erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be's comment.

Well, there are only 5 allowed per page. After that, it is "Complete" and any other taggers won't see it.

For each diary, there can be more. If a tagger finishes only five pages or 20 pages, for example, then a new person can take over from there. As another example, right now on the Diaries page the 8th Field Ambulance has 108 of 442 pages complete, meaning five people have tagged each of those108 pages. However, they may not be the same five people.

Also, so far I have not tagged that diary, but if I start working on it right now I would be at least the sixth person to work on that particular diary.

Posted