War Diaries Talk

casualty

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be

I am not sure that I have to use the casualty hashtag on this page. The comment on the casualty hashtag says: "some diaries do not include casualty lists within the main pages, but include them as monthly reports. This can make it difficult to tag the names included in them. In these cases, please hashtag the page as a monthly #casualty list so we can find it again and make sure we do record the names later." But when the names are listed in a report why do I have to use #casualty because I can tag the names of the casualties.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

Is this a report? It looks like a diary page. If it is a diary page, just tag the names as usual and also the casualties in the last sentence with the Casualties tag. If it is a Report, you can add those numbers after your #casualty hashtag. I would do it something like this: Killed & Died of wounds: 6 OR; Wounded: 31 OR. There isn't really any need to note that one of the wounded was an officer, as the Casualties tag for diary pages does not do that.

The issue with casualties being listed in a Report is that there is no Casualties tag, like with a diary page, for recording the numbers. I'm actually not sure why Rob said that about the names, because we can capture names in the Report format.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist in response to cyngast's comment.

I'm not sure either! 😄

I'll update the hashtag list to reflect that it's the numbers we're interested in capturing with the hashtag, rather than the names.

Posted