War Diaries Talk

misfiled

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be

this page and also the next page are no longer from the 13th Field Ambulance, but from the 14th. Keep on tagging?

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

I have a query on a misfiled page Erik, I am not sure if misfiled pages were suggested to be tagged, so as to keep a record. Otherwise they would not be recorded in the diaries.Perhaps Moderator can let me know. It was quite a while ago.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I took a look at it and found this page and two diary pages for May 1916 from the 14th F.A. Then the diary reverts to the 13th F.A. and continues to be only the13th.

So, yes, go ahead and tag these three pages, if you don't mind, because they are probably missing from the 14th F. A. diary. Use the #misfiled hashtag as you did on this page with the notation of 14th Field Ambulance.

I didn't see any more pages from the 14th F.A., but I did not look at every page, so if you find any more go ahead and tag them, too.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator in response to marie.eklidvirginmedia.com's comment.

Marie, yes, please tag any misfiled pages you come across. They are likely missing from the diary where they belong, so they won't get tagged at all if we don't do it. And use the #misfiled hashtag with a notation as to where they actually belong.

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

I think quite a while ago I did tag misfiled pages - memory not working as well tonight. Just needed to check it out again. Thanks for your quick reply.

Posted

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be

I "discoverd" two officers I tagged in the 13th F.A.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator in response to erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be's comment.

Both the 13th and 14th Field Ambulances were in the 5th Division, so it's not surprising that there might have been some officers that moved between them. They would have been officially part of one of the units and temporarily attached to the other. This was most likely to happen when officers went on leave or during major operations when there were lots of casualties.

Posted