War Diaries Talk

RAMC report for a division - could not add units

• emuser by emuser

New to this .. Got an RAMC div casualty report/return so selected report. It listed the casualties and sick by battalion but I had no way to add the battalions , anyone any ideas ?

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

When you open the Person tag up, on the bottom line of it will say – Unit name if specified. You type in the name of the Battalion there. Is that what you were asking? 😃

PS If you look at the Field Guide Section it may also help you.

PPS You can always choose another diary to do - 5 people generally tag the pages of the diary.

I am tagging the 2nd Battalion Welsh Regiment for (1 Jan 1917-31 Dec 1917- Note date of this as there are 3 diaries for this Regiment at different times of the year)) The writing in this diary is very clear.

An example of a page I have tagged. Just go into this link: Example https://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/subjects/AWD0003vvh

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator in response to emuser's comment.

Welcome to Operation War Diary! We're glad to see you here.

It's difficult to tell without seeing an image of the page, but Report sounds like the right type of page. It also sounds like the page lists numbers of casualties and sick, rather every individual soldier. (Marie's advice above would work if you are tagging individuals.)

If you want, you can add the battalion names by using the Comments box. Just click on the little cartoon-like bubble to the left of the Finish button to open a box. When you are done, post your comment and then click on the bubble again to close the box. However, the battalions the field ambulance is responsible for may already be mentioned in the text of the diary entries, and so are not essential to record in a Report.

If this doesn't help, please feel free to ask more questions!

Posted