War Diaries Talk

Help reading a message

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I thought I'd put this up to see if anyone can make out what the added words are in the third line.

It sounds like the newspapers are reporting that something dire happened to Lt. Macfarlane, but I can't read what it is! And all that had happened was that he was sick.

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Cynthia, This is how I read it. - "paper reported that he was wounded in error, this Officer returned to the base sick". I had put a comment on your diary page before I read this message.

I feel that this WW1 project is a really good one to be involved in - whereby you can ask questions of people and receive answers and discuss things in the talk section - it makes me feel I am not working on my own., also finding out so many interesting things about WW1 😃

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

You've got better eyes than me, Marie! I can't make it out at all, but certainly that explanation sounds plausible.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

Thank you, Marie. Now I can see it. It definitely says wounded.

I also agree with you about the benefits of this project, especially in comparison to some others I've seen. I also like that we all have the chance to speak up about what we feel is important to capture by using the hashtag list.

Posted