War Diaries Talk

missing page 22nd Brigade RFA

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be

I didn't get page 153

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Erik, I tagged this diary and did tag the page numbered 153.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

That's odd - only three other people have tagged page 153, so you should have got it. Let us know if you get any other missing pages in this diary, won't you?

Posted

missed 158

Posted

Thanks, Erik. We'll keep an eye on this for now - if the diary declares itself finished without the right number of people having tagged each page, we'll have to reopen it.

Posted

Page 171 didn't appear

Posted

Erik, I tagged the diary of the 7th Division: 22 Brigade Royal Field Artillery.

I commenced this diary at page 41 and tagged all the pages in sequence through to the last page which was page 300 16-30th November 1917 - the end of this diary.

I did make a note against page 127 stating no second page.

Posted

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be in response to marie.eklidvirginmedia.com's comment.

Marie, I don't know what's happening, but I don't get all the pages of this diary. It's not like that time when the screen was blue when I didn't get a page ( I saw that blue page - even though it was unreadable - in my profile) and it is not because I double clicked the finish button as I don't see the missing page in my profile. I'll keep mentioning those missing pages as Rob asked me to do.

Posted

Erik, thanks for the reply as you say you will keep mentioning the missing pages for Ral. Just thought I would let you know what pages were there when I tagged the diary. I don't know why you don't get the missing pages, as Ral said. only 3 people had tagged one of your missing pages, ie. number 153. 😃

Posted

missing page 179, 185,188 to be continued. No diary between 30 Jan - 4 Feb, but no page missing. No diary page between 1 and 9 of August 1916 but no page missing.

Posted

Erik, thanks for the update.

Posted

Suddenly I get page 289 instead of 251. I missed about a year: from 30 September 1916 to 14 August 1917

Posted

No missing pages regarding Diary of 22nd Brigade RFA when I tagged it. They all ran in sequence. Finished at page 300 16-30 Nov 1917, when they went to Italy.

Posted

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be in response to marie.eklidvirginmedia.com's comment.

Maybe I am to slow. And now my next page is 291 instead of 290.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator in response to erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be's comment.

Erik, That happens sometimes when our selection of diaries is rather small, especially if you have started a page and then sign out before you finish it. When you come back, other taggers have moved beyond where you are. That block from 251 to 288 was most likely already tagged by five other people. Our system will just take you to the next available page.

Fortunately, there are lots of new diaries now for the weekend!

Posted

OWD thanked me for tagging a diary I didn't tag.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist in response to erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be's comment.

We always wanted OWD to be a polite system!

Hopefully now we have the new diaries up for tagging, these odd little glitches will stop.

Posted