War Diaries Talk

Mule grid

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be

What is mule grid (second last line)?

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I think it is probably boards laid down for mules that are pulling cars loaded with supplies on the rails that have been laid up to the end of the line.

I found a photo of men towing a cart loaded with supplies here: http://histomil.com/viewtopic.php?t=5865&start=70 (You have to scroll down quite a way. I think it was the 18th photo down.) There are boards laid along the side of the rails, so maybe a mule grid is similar but sized or shaped for hooves rather than boots.

Posted

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be in response to cyngast's comment.

Cynthia, do you have troubles with the Trench map site of McMasterUniversity? The map doesn't show.

Posted

No, not now. I just checked a couple and they appeared without any problem.

It is three hours later now, though. Maybe the site was down when you were looking for a map.

Posted

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be in response to cyngast's comment.

You're right, It's working now. The maps didn't show since yesterday, but now they're back.

Posted

I hope they stay that way!

Posted

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be

Cynthia,I have another question. To day a read the" recent comments" and Denise (daravenh) had a question about a diary of a Field ambulance Coy. Why can't I see a page or the page? Is that a privilege of the moderator?

Posted

No, it's not a moderator privilege. It just means that she didn't post the page when she started the thread.

Posted