War Diaries Talk

name on "Other"

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be

This sketch (= page type "Other") is signed by a sapper. How do I tag his name?

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

Yes, the page should be tagged as Other, but you can put the man's name in the Comment box, along with any other information you have on him, such as a service number if you have found it in the diary. It would be good to note that he is the man who drew the sketch.

Beautiful sketch!

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

Actually, Marie, the Person tag does have Sapper as a choice for rank. In this case, though, with the page being tagged as Other, the Person tag is not available.

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Cynthia, Sorry my mistake did not check that. It was awkward at the time because once again could not load up a diary page due to the usual Blue Screen appearing all the time. Thanks for that. I will therefore remove my comment.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator in response to marie.eklidvirginmedia.com's comment.

You're still having problems with the blue screen? Are you still on the same diary?

You may need to clear not only your cache but your local storage, too. This is the link we had last November/December when we had the trouble with pages jumping: http://www.ghacks.net/2015/02/05/how-to-clear-web-storage-in-your-browser-of-choice/ Be sure to restart your computer after you clear the storage.

I think the problems you've been having are happening to just you, as I have not seen any indication of problems from any other volunteers. Let me know how this goes. If it doesn't fix it, I'll definitely get in touch with the Zooniverse people, although with Sunday being Easter we may not hear anything until Monday. I will be away from my computer for a good part of tomorrow (Saturday), but I'll check in before I go and again when I get back.

Posted

Sat 15 April 2017: Tried your suggestions, does not make a difference. Still on the diary of the 38th Brigade RFA.

I have to shuffle between opening a dairy page through the diary page and when it comes up, after tagging get blue screen again. Can sometimes get the page through the talk classify page and classify heading but not always, I try loading the page up again but it just flashes past. on the right hand side of the screen very quickly. Then try going back to the diary page and loading the page up from there.

So I continue through these options and eventually I get the next page to tag. Frustrating, but I seem somehow or other to get the next page to tag. I am on page 214 of 231 so not many pages to go.

I wonder if the person tagging this diary before me 2 months ago had this problem with the blue screen. As reported earlier it started at page 146 I think. this was a report and has continued all the way through this diary.

Will continue to tag this diary to the end.

Posted

I am going to post the above message again in the Standard Tags/Tagging Section where I first mentioned the problem with the blue screen. Problems still appearing on Saturday 15th April 2017.

Posted