War Diaries Talk

letter dated 1923

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be

Do I tag this letter as "Other"? Its not really structured as a diary, but it contains a few units that are not mentioned in the diary.

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

There is a tag for (#privatediary-personnal diaries and letters) - private diary tag as report.

I would personally tag it as a report (it concerns an attack), to include the names mentioned. I would not tag it as Other - it would not then include the names or type etc. Not sure what other people think.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

Yes, I agree with Marie. Tagging it as a Report is the best choice. That way you can capture any men's names and use Comments or hashtags to note anything else of interest or importance.

And definitely use the #privatediary hashtag to highlight its source and use the date tag for 7 Sept. 1923.

Posted

• David_Underdown by David_Underdown moderator

This will have come about as part of the process of creating the Official History of the war (this was one of the main reasons for keeping war diaries), the official historian asked for additional material to help in the preparation of the various volumes

Posted