War Diaries Talk

misfiled?

• shuli by shuli

I'm tagging the 12th royal Irish rifles and this page showed up... Is it mislabeled? in the wrong diary?

Posted

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be

I am also tagging 12th R.I.Rifles , but I never came across that page of the Royal Munsters (now tagging page 299).

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator in response to shuli's comment.

This is very odd. The title of the diary, as labeled under the image here, says 8 Battalion Royal Munster Fusiliers.

I don't mean to question you, but did you double-check which diary you are actually tagging?

I also tagged the 12th Royal Irish Rifles and did not come across this.

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

I tagged some of the diary for the 8th Royal Munster Fusiliers. I have this diary page No. 117 - dated 26-28 October 1916 in my notes as being tagged for their Dairy of October 1916. Tagged pages 24-130. Pages ran in sequence. (I see the profile page number is 375).

On the pages to select a diary, I notice the 12 Btn Royal Irish Rifles is next to the diary for the 8th Btn Royal Munster Fusiliers – perhaps the wrong diary to tag has been selected.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

It does seem to be the 8th Royal Munster Fusiliers' diary.

Posted

• shuli by shuli

I double checked and it showed I was tagging the 12 Irish, and continued to after I refreshed the page. But then when I exited and re-entered the Irish rifles diary the Fusiliers page disappeared. So just a technical glitch I guess. Thank you everybody

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

I've never come across that before. Let us know if it happens again and I'll raise it with the Zooniverse.

Posted