War Diaries Talk

Diary page?

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be

Do I tag this appendix as a diary page or as a report?

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

Tag this as a report. That way you can still use the person tag to capture names and service numbers. You can also use #nominalroll in the Comments box, and if you can use #casualty and then list the numbers of killed and wounded that will be helpful, too.

Posted

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be

Can you tell me why the explanation of #casualty says that it is difficult to tag the the names in a report?

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

We set that tag up originally because we noticed that quite a lot of people were finishing the page without tagging any of the names, because there were so many of them. We realise it's quite a big task, so we asked people who felt they couldn't complete all the tagging to use the #casualty hashtag so we could go backk and make sure the names were all recorded. But obviously we'd prefer it if they were tagged in the first place 😄

Posted

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be in response to ral104's comment.

OK, I'll tag the list, because I like tagging names. But if I tag the list, do I stll have to use #casualty and #nominallroll?

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator in response to erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be's comment.

It's helpful to use those hashtags. There is no tag for Casualties on a Report page, so they will alert anyone searching for casualty counts or individual soldiers' names that this page has that type of information.

Of course, if someone else has already added them, as I now see has been done with this page, then there is no need to do it twice.

And thank you for tagging all the names! It's very much appreciated.

Posted